- 1 What supplies do you need for a pet rabbit?
- 2 How do you take care of a bunny for beginners?
- 3 How do you prepare for a rabbit?
- 4 What do rabbits need in their cage?
- 5 Do rabbits get attached to their owners?
- 6 Can a bunny sleep with you?
- 7 Can I bathe my rabbit?
- 8 Do bunnies need shots?
- 9 Do rabbits like to be cuddled?
- 10 What do rabbits like to sleep on?
- 11 What do rabbits generally eat?
- 12 Can rabbits drink from a bowl?
- 13 Should you cover a bunny cage at night?
- 14 Do rabbits get cold at night?
- 15 What do rabbits like in their cages?
What supplies do you need for a pet rabbit?
Rabbit Supply List
- Roomy cage avoid a wire bottom.
- Litter-box (in cage)
- Pellet bowl.
- Water bottle.
- Toys (plastic baby toys that they can chew, toss and carry are best)
- Animal carrier.
How do you take care of a bunny for beginners?
How to Care for a Pet Rabbit
- Step 1: Set Up Safe Indoor Housing.
- Step 2: Bunny Proof Your House.
- Step 3: Provide Fresh Hay.
- Step 4: Provide Fresh Greens, Fiber-rich Pellets, and Fresh Water.
- Step 5: Set Up a Litter Box.
- Step 6: Provide Enrichment.
- Step 7: Groom Your Rabbit.
- Step 8: Bring Your Rabbit to a Rabbit -Savvy Vet.
How do you prepare for a rabbit?
Bunny Supply Checklist
- Indoor housing. Get a puppy pen 36 inches or higher so your rabbit can’t jump out.
- Wire covers. Plastic sleeves can be neatly connected to your wall.
- Furniture / baseboard protection.
- Puppy pens / baby gates.
- Litter box.
- Rabbit -safe litter.
- Food / water bowls.
- Hay feeder.
What do rabbits need in their cage?
There needs to be room for your rabbit to move about and lie down, as well as space for food, water, litter box and toys. Never use glass aquariums as they are seldom large enough and do not have enough air circulation. It is also best to have a cage with a front door so your rabbit can come and go on his/her own.
Do rabbits get attached to their owners?
Rabbits bond closely with their owners. They recognize them by voice and sight and will even come on command. Bunnies may even follow their owners from room to room and jump up on their laps when called.
Can a bunny sleep with you?
They enjoy the soft bedding, warm, and companionship. Rabbits are delicate. Even if your rabbit is safe, she may keep you up at night by acting mischievously. If your rabbit wants to sleep with you and can do so safely, it’s fine.
Can I bathe my rabbit?
Rabbits are meticulously clean and almost never need a bath. Bathing them can even be harmful, since they tend to panic in water and may fracture a limb or their spine if they thrash around. But it’s usually not safe or beneficial to wet down the bunny’s whole body.
Do bunnies need shots?
Although pet rabbits in the United States do not require any vaccinations, veterinarians in the United Kingdom and other parts of Europe routinely inoculate for two fatal viruses common to the continent’s wild rabbits: Myxomatosis and Viral Haemorrhagic Disease (VHD).
Do rabbits like to be cuddled?
Most rabbits love to be cuddled and stroked when approached in the right way. Few like being held or carried as being so high up from the ground makes them feel insecure, however, many will happily sit on your lap or snuggle up next to you for a cuddle. Avoid disturbing your rabbit when it is sleeping.
What do rabbits like to sleep on?
Rabbits enjoy sleeping on soft and comfortable materials. Consider providing your bunnies with pillows and blankets. Some animals may require extra bedding cover during winter. However, avoid providing your rabbits with too many blankets and pillows because the bunnies can quickly overheat.
What do rabbits generally eat?
Good quality hay and/or grass, always available, should constitute the majority of rabbits’ diets. – Rabbits graze, naturally eating grass /other plants for long periods, mainly at dawn and dusk. – Rabbits’ digestive systems need grass and/or hay to function properly. – Read meal planner and feeding tips.
Can rabbits drink from a bowl?
Bowls are better than bottles as lapping from a bowl is more natural to rabbits. Bowls will not get blocked, but they may get spilled or knocked over so it’s a good idea to provide a bowl and a bottle if you can. Change the water in both daily, clean them regularly and keep them free from any slime or debris.
Should you cover a bunny cage at night?
Covering the cage can be the best way to ensure your rabbit can calm down at night. When there’s nothing better to do than sleep, they’ll find it easier to wind down. Just be sure to only cover it when they’re sleeping, and leave room for ventilation.
Do rabbits get cold at night?
Rabbits are cold weather animals. They’re highly temperature resistant, and can handle temperatures down to almost 30oF (-2oC). With a well-insulated hutch, they’ll be fine even in near-freezing conditions. You can always check by measuring their temperature – which should be between 101-103oF (38-39.5oC).
What do rabbits like in their cages?
Put some fun toys in the cage. Rabbits love to chew so provide some sturdy branches of orchard woods (apple, pear, plum, cherry) or you can purchase commercial rabbit chews from a pet store. When choosing toys, make sure they are rabbit-safe. A good toy is a cardboard box filled with shredded paper and dry hay.